At one point in time I refused to leave the house on Sundays. No particular reason. I seem to remember thinking that Sunday was a good day to stay home because the bus only ran approximately every 50 minutes and stores closed early so going anywhere was a huge hassle and not worth my efforts. I stayed home and watched TV, read, and/or did laundry. It was fantastic.
I'm not sure when I stopped doing that. It isn't that staying at home became any less enjoyable, it's more that I often just plain have shit to do. I need to go to Target/the mall/the craft store for some random crap that can't wait until I get off work , because I'm usually really tired and forgetful by then. Or someone calls and asks me to hang out with them and that's cool and often fun so I agree. Basically, having a life interferes with lounging around doing nothing.
But occasionally I luck out; nothing needs to get done, none of my friends are available to do anything, and I've finished all work-related tasks. On those days I have two choices: a) stay at home, watching TV and reading, or b) pack my bag with paper, pens, magazines, and books and head out to a park or Starbuck's or a bookstore.
That's what I did today, grabbed my crap and headed out to a bookstore to flip through magazines and make notes for decorating my rooms. Yes, I could have done this at home but where's the fun in that. Among other things, the bookstore has more magazines than I do at home and I can flip through them at my leisure, free of charge. You can't beat that with a stick. (Well, you could but why would you want to?)
So today was a lazy Sunday of the best kind. I had breakfast at a nice diner, wandered around IKEA looking for decorating ideas, and then nested at Barnes & Noble for several hours, just reading and listening to music. Now I'm going to bed since it's almost midnight and I gotta go to work tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment