For the past coupla nights D and I have been watching movies on SciFi...it is a bad thing. So far we've seen...
1. Lost Boys: The Tribe - starring Corey Feldman and Angus Sutherland. Well, nobody expects anything even vaguely like acting from Feldman...and let me tell you, he didn't disappoint on that front. And as for the young brother of Kiefer, well, he ain't no Brando. Hell, he ain't even a Groucho. It was bad, y'all, real bad.
2. Dead or Deader - a SciFi movie, which is an extra special treat. Genetically modified scorpions...SCORPIONS!...are attacking people on a military base and turning them into zombies. Lots of green blood and bad hair. And puns. Not good. Best of all, Dean Cain looking pasty and kinda chubby. I'd explain the plot but just IMDB it; I don't have the time or space on this blog to go into it. Suffice it to say, Dean is infected but heroic enough to withstand the zombification. AWESOME!
The best thing about SciFi is they don't spare the expense for special effects, however, plot and acting are clearly not very high priorities. As a matter of fact, I would hesitate to say that plot plays a significant roll at any point in the process. Acting also takes one for the team, so to speak.
There's also their complete commitment to providing barely coherent, but visually entertaining, late night movie fodder. The occasional incorporation of C-list actors (Dean Cain with a bad dye job anyone?) just serves as whipped cream on my hot chocolate. It's fabulous.
What do you like about SciFi? Is it the high quality? The expensive special effects? The uber-talented actors? It's all good, just as long as your standards are appropriately, shall we say, flexible. Clearly mine are, I'm still watching Dead or Deader, and kinda lovin' it.
No comments:
Post a Comment