So I'm listening to International Radio on Sirius - which I loooooove - and the music is mostly Reggaeton, Salsa, and Merengue. I'm grooving out and then this song, Gasolina, comes on by Daddy Yankee. I don't speak a fucking word of Spanish but it's got a great beat. Anyway, at the end of the song the singer says, IN ENGLISH, "I mean seriously, three dollars a gallon!" I love that!
I always forget just how much I love merengue and salsa music unless I'm hanging out with my friend DD's folks. And reggaeton is totally new to me. I love to dance and it's such great music to move to. I don't know about anyone else but I find it hard to sit still when there's merengue playing. Ah, good times.
Another great song was on a local station, 101X, and it was called "Thou Shalt Always Kill" by Dan le Sac v. Scroobius Pip. It's got the best lyrics I've heard in a long time. Here's the video from youtube. Check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment