Apr 30, 2007

Duelling Childishness

It's a craptastic day in IME land! My Jeep died on Thursday night/early Friday morning and stayed that way despite the tow boy's best efforts. Eventually I had it towed to the dealership's service (only open during the week) and was car-less all weekend, although D did let me drive the Saturn-mobile.

Today they call to tell me it's a short in the battery which ain't covered by the warranty and that'll be $200 for the towing, the new battery and some guy spending HALF AN HOUR under the hood "diagnosing" the problem. We live in BFE and the courtesy van don't come out this far so I'll have to hop the bus. No problem, except for the downpour and subsequent steady rain.

D calls, as I'm walking through the mall parking lot, and tells me it's going to "rain buckets" soon so if I'm going to catch the bus I'd better hurry! Which pissed me off. Seriously. Don't call to say it's going to rain unless you're also going to offer to pick me up and drop me off at the dealership.

But I didn't get rained on much, I caught the bus (multiple actually; we really do live in the middle of nowhere) and I finally got the truck back but I'm cold, damp, and hungry. When I finally got home, I see there's an email from D which clearly states that since I pissed her off by being snappy and huffy about her phone call, she was petty and didn't offer to come give me a ride.

How's that for mature behavior - from both of us. I didn't appreciate the weather update and she didn't appreciate my attitude caused by her weather update. This, dear reader, is why she and I are best friends.

No comments: