Don't tell her I said so but DD is really quite elegant, particularly in photos. In the photo I posted of her last week, I just noticed it. She's very pretty as well, not that she'd believe me. She thinks that I don't notice all the good things about her, but I do. I just don't tell her because when I do, she comes up with all these lame excuses for why she's not.
I tell her she's smart, she says no she's not and then points out how many books she hasn't completed reading. As if that makes any difference. She reads, AND understands, philosophy. She speaks two languages. She genuinely likes people - all people - and cares about music and art and all the creative things going on in Austin.
If I say she's got fabulous hair and she harps on how it's too curly or her head's too big or she can't get a decent haircut/style, whatever. The woman's hair is fabulous! Really long and curly and healthy.
Probably the most amazing thing about her is that she's still my friend after 13 years of nagging and complaining and exasperation (mine, mostly). I count on her to be the little sister I kinda always wished my actual sister would have been. (And yes, I treat her like a little sister.) I don't tell her nearly enough that she's one of the most awesome chicks I know and I love her for all the crap she's put up with from me and also for the fact that she cares about everyone in her life.
Too bad I can't tell her this in person; she'd never believe me.
No comments:
Post a Comment