Jul 4, 2007

Rain + No Barbeque = Boredom

Here in Austin, we are currently experiencing one of the wettest summers in twenty years. Neat, huh. No.

My sister and I had planned a sort of family reunion (sort of because we didn't invite the ENTIRE family - that's pushing 30 or 40 people) at Quintana Beach down on the coast. However, she reported crazy downpours all morning so we've canceled. Damn. I wanted barbeque and beachiness today. Now I'm going to be bored and trying to find something to do all day.

Maybe I'll go shopping or actually give in to my urge to sleep all day. Yeah, that's what I'm going to do...sleep...or watch Discovery Channel's Planet Earth series. I love to watch this program - absolutely some of the most beautiful photographic work I've ever seen; plus it's really interesting.

What're your plans for the 4th of July?

No comments: